Monday, February 21, 2011

Hello, friends! I hope you had a fantastic weekend! Ours went very well!! Saturday we had a birthday party to go to, and I was really excited to make this card.


I printed everything out from One Little Bird's kit Unstoppable. (And one little hint I learned from Jessica Sprague recently - use Presentation Paper for hybrids - look at the gorgeous vivid color on this - presentation paper is coated, so the ink doesn't sink into the paper like it does with cardstock! It definitely more expensive than picking up a pack of white cardstock at Walmart, but I love it!) Other products I used - Tombow Mono Adhesive, Elmer's Craft Bond Glue Spots (they are what I used to raise the car off the page and give some dimension), and souffle 3-D pens from Sakura (I won these recently - very cool!)

Lily drew this fun photo of Clifford the big red dog!


And William was in the regional finals of the Knight of Columbus spelling bee yesterday, and won first place! It was especially sweet, as he finally beat the girl who had made him get 2nd place for quite a while now!

Oh, and the mail late last week was FULL of goodness!!! I got a package of Pink Paislee items I won from the very sweet Sarah Eclavea. Such pretty goodies - I can't wait to play with them!! Check out her blog - she is full of inspiration!

I also got something I am so very proud of!! The newest edition of Somerset digital studio! It's not out for the public yet, so here is a special sneak peek!

Why do I have a copy already? Well, because one of my layouts was chosen to be published in it!! Yay!! I am so honored to be in this fabulous magazine! And I would HIGHLY suggest this publication to you!! (And not just because I'm in it!) This is the first magazine where I have truly wanted to read each an every article. There are articles from people I had never heard of, who make beautiful digital art, and other people who I feel I know a little bit who also make beautiful art (like Christine Honsinger and Tangie Baxter!) If you are a digital scrapper, I really don't think you will be disappointed with this!

Anyway - here is my page - mine is the layout on the bottom of the left page.


And one more piece of fabulous goodness I received, and cant' wait to use... I am taking the Mouse, Paper, Scissors class from Jessica Sprague and Heidi Swapp, and received my supply box!!! Yay! I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone that might read this and may not have gotten their box yet, but here's a little peak (Mmmm... I see lots of Tombow goodness in here!!!) I am so excited for this class to start, and I'm sure you will be seeing plenty of projects soon from it, right here!!!


Take care, my friends!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on being published in the Somerset Digital, can you tell this girl here is jealous!?!???
:-D
you have a great blog, lots of inspiration and i love your layouts!

xx