Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's been a while...

It's been a little while since I have blogged, but I have good reason. I had planned to start a LOAD on July 1st, and was very excited about it. But, I got really busy on July 1st, after being up very late the night before uploading things that needed to be uploaded by the end of the month. So, at a certain point, I decided I would start on July 2. But, sadly before July 2nd came, I got a call that my stepson had been involved in a bad accident. He is okay - a broken arm, and very banged up, but we are so fortunate that he is still with us. Sadly the family of the other person involved was not that fortunate. So, it's been a very sad and tense time here, and scrapping has been the last thing on my mind. We feel so sad for the other family, and our son is traumatized over this. Plus, we are still waiting to see if any charges are filed. It's quite stressful here.

But! Life goes on! I finally scrapped my first page yesterday, and it felt so good! I can't make any promises that I'll actually do one every day, but I am sure going to try.



Credits: Cardstock - Colorbok; Banner tag - Elle's Studio; Alphas and word sticker on banner, date sticker - The Girls' Paperie; Woodgrain alpha - Sassafrass Lass

The paint splat I did using a Ranger Mini Mister, in which I mixed some acrylic paint and water. I'm pretty happy with how that worked. I have to do some more playing around with that to make it exactly like I want, but so far, I'm liking what it's doing!

1 comment:

Djhs said...

That is cute Rebecca! Those fishy glasses are so cute!! I like the paint splotches! Great tip!