Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gonna make a little change

Okay, maybe that should read a big change. We've had an incident that has made me now very wary of putting info or photos on the internet of my kids. It was nothing really serious, but it was a wake up call to me. So, in the future, I won't be posting photos of my kids, or pages that have their photos in them. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to go back and delete all the blog posts that include those things - that would probably be most of my blog. I really want to show you my mini-books, and my Project Life, and any pages I might happen to scrap, but I just don't feel right about doing it now. I'll still show you cute covers of books! And pages that might be without photos of my kids, but I feel an intense need to protect them right now, as well it should be, right?

But, that won't leave much of a blog. Or much chance to get published again, which I REALLY want! Or much chance of getting on a design team, another thing I REALLY want! So, I'm going to make a bit of a transition. I'm going to try making more home decor projects. And more cards. Hopefully lots more cards! In fact, here are a couple of birthday cards I made this past weekend.


Before I go, please just let me take a moment to say something. Please, PLEASE, if and when your children are old enough to start using cell phones and email, PLEASE make sure they know that even if they think they are sending someone things that will stay private, they had better expect that at some point, someone else will see them. Remember anything you do electronically can be seen by more than just you and the intended recipient. I've had, not that long ago, where I sent someone an email about something rather out of the ordinary, and suddenly the next day, I had web banners showing products to help with what I thought I had sent in a private email. Not so private, right?? And more than likely boyfriends, and girlfriends, will not always stay your boyfriend or girlfriend, and suddenly things you may have sent them in that past, may seem like pretty tempting things to humiliate you with. So yeah, please just make sure you make your kids aware of these things!!

2 comments:

Brandy Layton said...

I am so sorry to hear that but I will love seeing what you do post!
Bran
xoxo

Sasha Farina said...

goodness... how awful!! so I won't be able to see your project life! aawww man... i would miss that. do what you think is right.. you know, family is always number one. I love you still. And will be for a very long time. Thank you for always being there!