Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Artisan Notebook

I am very excited to share with you my first layout published in The Artisan Notebook! This was in the January 2011 issue.


Sentimental from K Studio - backgrounds and buttons.
Scribbles 'n Scallops Alpha from K Studio - bracket
Essential Stitches #3 from Syrin - Stitch
all available at CatScrap
Song- It won't be like this for long by Darius Rucker
Font - Jellyka-Estraya's Handrwriting
Journaling: As I looked through old photos from my childhood, and started to scan them into the computer, I was struck by emotion. My mom was meticulous about writing a caption on the back of all the pictures. Most said things like, "Rebecca's Sand Castle Sept 8, 1981" or "Rebecca 13 1/2 mos. old", even "Becki is 'nursing' Teddy". The caption on the back of this photo however was not my mom's lovely handwriting, but mine. It says simply, "our ex-family". I don't know the date of this photo, but I look to be about 6, I think. In that case, roughly 2 years later, my parents were separated, my mom was in a mental hospital, and my sisters and I were living first with Grandma, then with my aunt and uncle. I am so thankful that when this photo was taken, I didn't know how life would change so soon.

No comments: