Thursday, January 7, 2010

On a more personal note...

I feel like I've been doing a lot of CT work on here, and not a lot of personal stuff, so here is little something more personal.

I just recently discovered that scrapbooking does not HAVE to have a photo! Yes, I absolutely love my photos - I'd better, since I plan to take at LEAST 365 of them this year (although I think honestly that I've already taken that many in the last 7 days!) Yes, I love my photos! Anyway, I have done a few pages that I want to share with you that have meaning to me, but no photos.

The first one I did was for a chat challenge at Scrapbook Graphics - I've been to a couple of their chats now, and have really enjoyed it! They are a crazy fun group of ladies!! The challenge was to come up with one word that you wanted to focus on for the new year. This layout was done using the Cranberries N Cream kit from Veronica Spriggs.




The next layout I did was slightly similair, done for a Studio Tangie Creative Team challenge. This time the challenge was if you could focus on just one goal, what would it be? I really have fallen in love with this layout! If you've not been to the Studio Tangie Creative Team blog, I would highly recommend it - they have 4 challenges each month, and by participating in just 2 of them, you get a brand new Studio Tangie exclusive kit! This layout was made using the fantastic Impressions of Kindness collab kit from Scrapbook Graphics.



Lastly, I am participating in the DigiScrapAddicts Scrap Off 2010, and this is my first week's layout for that. I know I don't stand a ghost of a chance against the wonderful scrappers there, so I am just focusing on making layouts I love. I actually just joined Studio Tangie's Art Journal Caravan, and while reading through the info I just got last night, it hit me that all this time I've been focusing on making layouts that other people will like. I need to make layouts that I love. I've found most of my life, in art, I've been trying to make things to please others - be it the jewelry I spent so much time making, trying to make items that would sell, rather than pieces that I loved; or the knitting that I did to relax, but quit because I never felt like I was good enough at it because I wasn't willing to teach myself all the different stitches; or the baking I do, always trying to figure out what people will want to purchase, rather than just making things my family and I love. I don't want to get burned out on scrapping because I'm trying so hard to figure out what others want. I want to scrap what I want! So, that is the story behind this layout, and why you may see a difference in my work from now on.

No comments: